The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and people are less irritable probably due to both of those factors. It’s time to come out of hibernation. This is less of a command so much as it is a personal plea. I’m ready to return to civilization and it will begin with attending the talent driven annual New York Weddings Event on Thursday, March 31st from 5-8pm.
This year the event is being held at the luxe landmark, Capitale, that boasts 65-foot ceilings and opulent interiors. Don’t get too distracted by the surroundings because the individual presentations and creative talent being showcased will be worthy of your attention and focus.
The event brings New York magazine’s semi-annual New York Weddings issue to life, featuring dozens of some of the most creative, stylish, and tasteful wedding service providers under one roof, for one incredible evening. Engaged guests will be able to discover some of the city’s prized caterers, dress designers, florists, jewelers, planners and many more unique wedding resources and experts while they enjoy cocktails, music, visit the Glamsquad lounge where experimenting can begin for the right hair, makeup and nail look to sport on the big day, and even have the rare opportunity to begin to plan their wedding in the interactive Squarespace lounge.
Tickets are reasonably priced so you can bring your significant other, your bestie or even extend the invite to your in-laws so they feel “involved” and “included” within reason of course. If you ask me, planning a wedding should be done with a drink in hand, being fed delicious cuisine while serenaded by talented musicians. Purchase tickets at Ticketweb ($47 for a single ticket and $65 for two), and updates are posted to Twitter and Instagram using #NYMWedEvent. Take a look at weddings.nymag.com to see a thorough list of the participants, sponsors and partners.
Don’t forget the Spring/Summer 2016 Issue of the wedding bible itself is on newsstands!
The weddings event will feature participants in a variety of categories, including:
· Dresses from Romona Keveza, Kleinfeld Bridal, Jenny Yoo, Panache, Gabriella New York Bridal Salon, Two Birds, and more
· Beauty tips from Glamsquad
· Specialty mini manicures from Paintbox
· Cake tastings and sweets from Magnolia Bakery, Sugar Couture, The Cinnamon Snail, and Loveletter Cakeshop
· An on-site tutorial on how to make your own wedding website from Squarespace
· Fresh coconut drinks from CoCo & Co
· Catering ideas from CulinArt Group Catering Collection, Sterling Affair, and more
· Floral arrangements from Design By Ahn, Fleurs Du Mois, and By Yena Designs
· Custom favors and gifts from L.A. Burdick Chocolates and Brooklyn Floss
· Rings and jewelry from William & Henri, Greenwich Jewelers, and more
· Menswear inspiration from Indochino
· DJs, bands, and music from Jarrell Entertainment, Elan Artists, Gotham Events, and more
· Gift registry ideas from Zola and Macy’s
· Invitations from Papyrus, Vera Wang Papers, Lettered Olive and more
· Venues including Carnegie Hall, Peconic Bay Yacht Club, The Foundry, Glasshouses, The Green Building, The New York Public Library, and more
· Honeymoon and hotel ideas from Gurney’s Inn and Sofitel